Since the earliest known medicine practiced thousands of years ago, Turmeric root (Curcuma Longa) has been valued as a tool to repair mind, body, and emotions. It is the oil of restoration – “sacred earth” in Latin – and is best known for its effective action against inflammation and resulting disease, including cancers. It is a member of the ginger family and, therefore, also known as an excellent digestive support. The essential oil is safe to use for all ages, though with dilution in topical and internal applications for young children and pregnant women.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF USING TURMERIC SUPPLEMENTS?
Well-known applications in support of the body include:
- Tumors, cancer, and autoimmune disorders
- Joint pain and swelling, arthritis, gout, rheumatism
- Fungal, bacterial, or viral infections
- Alzheimer’s, stroke, poor blood supply
- Blood and lymph purifier, liver and gallbladder detox
- Intestinal worms and parasites
- Acne, eczema, and psoriasis
- Depression and discouragement, tension and anxiety
- Ulcers, gas and bloating, indigestion, compromised intestinal flora
- Arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis
- Gastritis, jaundice, nausea
- Poor circulation, diabetes and metabolism, high cholesterol
- Cough, respiratory issues, bronchitis
- Sore muscles and menstrual cramps
- Cavities and oral health
- Soothing and restoring to face, throat, décolletage, and hair/scalp
- Insect repellent, bites, and stings
- Cooking and natural food preservation
- Effects are especially pronounced with digestive system, immune system, skin, and as a neuro-protective
Energetic (emotional) balancing applications include:
- Cleanses chakras and energy fields
- Releases feelings of being damaged, unsteady, abused, oppressed, afraid, betrayed, hopeless, and paralyzed
- Enhances feelings of faithfulness, resilience, confidence, and being grounded, restored, believing, and trusting
- Promotes feelings of prosperity
- Creates an atmosphere that feels compelling, certain, and dynamic to self and others
- Transitions the self from feeling compromised to feeling assured
- Assists in recovery from damaged self-image based on negative societal or family messages
HOW DOES TURMERIC WORK?
If Turmeric is so powerful and so renowned, why do so many products on the market fail to offer even partial relief? The answer is largely related to the fact that turmeric is effective because of two separate chemical compounds that work in very different ways and that – until very recently – have not been available to the human system AS A TEAM in sufficient potency and bioavailability to assure effectiveness across a broad spectrum of users. These two compounds are curcuminoids and turmerones. The challenge is that both of these compounds are found in very low concentrations in the whole plant.
Curcuminoids are known for their antioxidant properties and their ability to support a healthy (i.e., appropriate level of) inflammatory response within the body. Curcumin is the most potent of the curcuminoids found in the Turmeric root and the one that is best known. Curcuminoids must be extracted from the root with solvents (curcuminoid molecules are not volatile so they do not transition to steam through the distillation process), and they are not very bioavailable in this form. Top quality turmeric extract can contain about 95% curcuminoids. Many people who are familiar with the issue of curcumin bioavailability pair turmeric with black pepper because the piperine compound in the pepper has been shown to increase the bioavailability of paired curcumin by up to 2000%. However, black pepper can create sensitivity, so the best solution is to find a way to mimic the pairing in the whole plant itself while also overcoming the issue of bioavailability.
Turmerones are small, aromatic molecules best known for their neuroprotective benefits. They make up a significant part of Turmeric essential oil, as they are easily collected through the steam distillation process. Properly distilled Turmeric essential oil includes about 70% turmerones.
A SUPPLEMENT THAT DELIVERS BOTH COMPOUNDS
Scientists at doTERRA International have spent more than three years creating both the component parts and the delivery system necessary to offer a supplement that mimics the whole Turmeric plant. The Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Turmeric essential oil was introduced to the market in September of 2018. Last month (September 2019), the Turmeric Dual Chamber Capsules product (pictured with this post) were rolled out. Each capsule contains Turmeric essential oil and Turmeric extract.
The best news is that both the issue of high concentration and the issue of curcuminoid bioavailability are addressed. How?
- The ingredients in each dual capsule offer a 70% concentration of turmerones (the CPTG oil in the outer chamber) and a 95% concentration of curcuminoids (the powdered extract in the inner chamber). This YouTube video shows the development process for the product: https://youtu.be/iVmBVIgR6Ps
- It turns out that turmerones are active in the transportation of curcuminoid molecules and thus make them very bioavailable! If you want some solid science, check out this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3282471/
If you have been searching for safe, powerfully effective, affordable, and easy to use Turmeric solutions that DON’T turn anything yellow (you cooks know what I mean), they are here.
Wellness Made Simple helps you to simplify the way YOU do well…for life!